The full festival program will be released October 26.
CINEMAS & VENUES
Open: Weekdays 11.30 - 22.00 / Weekend 12.30 – 22.00
Vika cinema has a minimum age limit of 18 years due to the serving of alcohol. Underaged individuals are still welcome to watch films as long as they are accompanied by an adult and the film`s age limit is complied.
Olav Vs gate 4
Open: Weekdays 15.30 - 21.15 / Weekends: 15.00 - 21.15
Dronningens gate 16
Open: Weekdays from 10.00 / Saturdays from 12.00 / screening / Sunday 13.00 -until the beginning of the last screening.
The café is open during the opening hours of Cinemateket.
Open: Monday - Thursday 09.00 - 23.00 / Friday - Saturday 12.00 - 01.00/ Sunday 12.00 - 23.00
Vega Scene will open on November 3d.
TICKET CATEGORIES AND PRICES
Tickets to select screenings, full festival tickets and punch cards will be for sale from October 16. Tickets to the entire program are available from October 26.
SINGLE TICKET: 120 kr
PUNCH CARD (6 CLIPS): 500 kr
FULL FESTIVAL TICKET: 1150 kr
FULL FESTIVAL TICKET STUDENT: 700 kr
OPENING/ CLOSING FILM: 135 kr
SCREENINGS AT KULTURKIRKEN JAKOB: 135 kr
MEMBERS OF CINEMATEKET: 90 kr
Only valid for single tickets from Cinemateket
TICKETS FOR BARNAS SØRFILM AT CINEMATEKET: 50 kr
20 kr for members of Barnas Cinematek.
WHERE TO GET FULL FESTIVAL TICKETS AND OTHER TICKETS
Full Festival Tickets and punch cards can be bought at Vika and Cinemateket. Vega Scene will open on November 3, and Full Festival Tickets, Punch cards and single tickets for screenings at Vega will be on sale here from this date.
Through November 1, you can also buy Full Festival Tickets online HERE.
A valid student I.D. must be presented when purchasing a Full Festival Ticket with student discount. Student passes are therefore not available online.
Single tickets to select screenings can be bought online, or in the cinema where the screening is held.
Tickets to the screenings in Kulturkirken Jakob on Wednesday, November 14, can be bought on our website. Remaining tickets are sold at the door.
The screening at Vippa on Saturday, November 10, is open to the public and tickets will not be for sale. Show up well in advance to secure a seat.
HOW TO USE THE FULL FESTIVAL TICKET
The Full Festival Ticket gives free entrance to all films during the festival. Tickets to individual screenings must be booked beforehand and there is a possibility that some screenings will be sold out. It is not possible to get tickets to films that are screened simultaneously. The Full Festival Ticket is personal and must have a legible signature. Both the Full Festival Ticket and the ticket for the individual screening are required when entering the cinema. Full Festival Tickets are sold in a limited edition.
Full Festival Ticket holders can also book tickets online by using the codes printed on the card. There are different ways of booking tickets at each cinema due to their ticketing systems.
Booking tickets to screenings at Vika and Klingenberg:
- Select a screening
- Select ticket category «FFS Festivalpass» and amount of tickets (only one ticket for each Full Festival Ticket)
- Type in the entire code on the back of the Full Festival Ticket (FFS + 13 digits).
- Type in cell phone number, name and e-mail address.
- Complete the transaction
- You will receive an SMS with a link to your ticket. The ticket’s QR-code must be shown when entering the screening room.
Booking tickets to screenings at Cinemateket:
To be able to book tickets online at Cinemateket, you will need to register your phone number. Ypu can do this at the ticket counter at Cinemateket, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, phone number and the code printed on the front of your Full festival Ticket. You will recieve a confirmation when your phone number/ full festival ticket is registered. You can also call + 47 22 47 55 89 to register.
You book your tickets by following these steps:
- Select «Medlem» in the top right corner at Cinemateket.no before you select screening.
- Log in by using your phone number. Enter the verification code you recieve by SMS.
- Select screening and amount of tickets (only one ticket for each Full Festival Ticket).
- You will receive an SMS with a link to your ticket. The ticket’s QR-code must be shown upon entering the screening.
- Select «kjøp billett» and «til betaling».
- Select «gå til betaling» to complete the transaction. It is only possible to book one ticket per transaction.
Booking tickets to screenings at Vega Scene:
- Select screening
- Choose the correct category: Festivalpass ordinær/ Festivalpass student/ Pass (ikke kjøpt på Vega), and amount of tickets (only one ticket for each Full Festival Ticket)
- In a new pop-up window, enter the code printed on the front of your Full festival Ticket, and enter «2018» i in the field named «pin-kode».
- Enter e-mail adress, name and phone number (optional – recieving a ticket confirmation by SMS costs 3 kr).
- You will receive an e-mail with your ticket as a PDF-file attached. The ticket’s QR-code must be shown opon entering the screening.
Booking tickets to screenings at Kulturkirken Jakob:
You can book tickets to the exclusive screenings in Kulturkirken Jakob on Wednesday, November 14 through our website if you have a Full Festival Ticket or punch card. Select the ticket categories “festivalpass” / “klippekort”. The Full Festival Ticket or punch card must be presented along with your ticket upon entering the screening.
HOW TO USE THE PUNCH CARD
The punch card consists of six clips which can be used on any film during the festival. Tickets must be picked up before the screening in the ticket booth of the cinema where the screening is held and cannot be reserved online. The punch card is personal and must have a legible signature. Both the punch card and the individual ticket must be shown when entering the screening.
All screenings have free seating, so we recommended you come early. The good news is that you and your friends can buy tickets separately and still sit together during the film.
All films start on time.
All films screened during the Films from the South Festival have age limits. You can read about them in our festival magazine and on our webpage. Parents can bring children that are up to three years younger than the age limit on films screened during the festival. The minimum age limit of 18 years is however absolute and not subject to exemptions.
Information about age limits in general can be found at www.medietilsynet.no.
You can find information about which language the films’ subtitles are in on the Films from the South website, www.filmfrasor.no, and in the movie reviews in our festival magazine.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
Films from the South retain the right to change the program during the festival. Changes will be announced immediately in our cinemas and on our website and Facebook-page.
The Films from the South Festival’s will have information stands in all our cinemas during the festival. Here, our volunteers will help you pick and choose between this year’s festival films and answer any practical questions you may have about the festival.
Follow #filmfrasor on social media:
Questions? Contact us on (+47) 92 32 96 56 or email@example.com