This year's Films from the South will be all-digital. On our new digital festival platform, you can watch Films from the South in your own living room!
Around 70 of the films that were planned for cinema screenings will be made digitally available. The digital festival opens on November 26, and all films will be available until the last day of the festival, December 6. Selected films will be available until December 15.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE DIGITAL FESTIVAL:
- All films will be available for rental from November 26. There is no pre-sale. We do not offer full festival tickets, films are available for rent individually.
- Regular prices are 79 NOK. Some films will be available for only 39 NOK.
- You can start watching the films you rent whenever you want to within the festival period. The film is available for 24 hours from the moment you play it for the first time.
- Some of the films in the programme have a limited number of available screenings on the digital platform, so they can become sold out. There is, however, a large amount of available screenings per films, so it is unlikely that they will become sold out early in the festival period.
- The digital platform works best in Safari or Microsoft Edge, please use one of these browsers to stream films.
- The digital Films from the South festival will be available all over the country, so no matter where in Norway you are, you will be able to attend the festival!
If you can’t find the answer to your question by following the link above, you can contact us by pressing the red chat-button in the lower right corner of this page. You will also see this icon on the digital platform. Another option is to send an e-mail to [email protected].
Vi hope you enjoy the festival!
The full festival programme of our digital edition is available on our program site.
Create your personal festival programme
Mark films in the programme with the heart symbol and create a personal schedule in «My Films».
N.B: You will need to create a user connected to your email address to save your schedule.
Films from the South is first and foremost an audience festival, and we want to know which film you like the most. You can be a part of choosing this year’s winner of the Audience Award, by rating all the films in our three competition programs.
Yuu can rate as many films as you like, and give your ratings whenever you like until Friday December 4. The winner film will be annonced on Saturday, December 5.
By voting, you will be eligible to win a year-log membership at the Astrup Fearnley Museum, a year-long subscription of Ny Tid, and a full festival ticket for Films from the South 2021. If you live outside of Oslo, we will cover two nights at our festival hotel during the festival!
Refunds or exchange of tickets
We follow the cinemas’ guidelines for refund and exchange of tickets. Have you purchased tickets for screenings that were cancelled due to the closing of cinemas in Oslo? Contact the cinemas:
All films screened digitally as a part of Films from the South have age limits. You can read about them on the film pages on our programme site, and on our digital platform. Information about age limits in general can be found at Medietilsynet.
You can find information about each film’s subtitles on the film page on our program site, and on our digital platform.