GET READY FOR THE FESTIVAL!
We have gathered some useful tips to make sure you get the most out of the festival.
Noen av festivalens forestillinger kan bli utsolgt. Når man da følger billettlenker til visningene og forsøker å kjøpe billett kan man få opp en feilmelding når man prøver å gjennomføre transaksjonen.
På Nordisk Film Kino kan man bruke NFkino-appen for å se hvor mange billetter som er igjen til enkelte forestillinger.
Vi streber etter å oppdatere filmsidene når visninger blir utsolgt
Plan your festival with «My films»
If you plan on watching several films during the festival it is a good idea to create an account and plan your festival with the My films function.
- Start by creating a user account.
- Save all films you want to watch on the program page or from the various films' film pages. Click the heart in the lower right corner of the film still on the program page, or to the right of the screening time on the film page.
- When you go back to «My films» all the films you have chosen will now be listed here in chronological order.
- If two screening times collide a warning pops up. You can then simply switch to a screening that suits you better by clicking «Screenings» below the film you want to change. Note that all screenings are marked with an end time, but from time to time our films will be finished a few minutes after this time.
If you would rather get an overview of the program as a calendar, follow this link to download the program overview, or go to one of our screening locations to pick up a physical pocket program.
How to navigate the program?
The program page can be found by clicking «Meny» at the top right corner of the website, then select «Program». In the overview you'll find all the festival films sorted by what section they belong to. The various sections only show a selection of the films in this section. To see all films, click «Show everything from...».
Note that changes may occur.
Information about tickets
The tickets can be bought by following the «Buy ticket» link from the film pages. The tickets are bought through the cinemas' websites. This means that if you need to refund the ticket, contact the cinema directly.
It is not assigned seating during Films from the South. This means you can sit wherever you want, making it easier to go to the festival with friends without having to buy tickets at the same time.
Did you know that you can get a discount if you are a group of ti or more?
For more information about the group discount, and everything else regarding tickets, follow this link.
Intros, conversations and events
Some of the festival screenings have events connected to them. A full overview of the events during the festival can be found here, and screenings with events are marked by a ticket icon below the screening time.
In addition to panel discussions and parties some films will have an introduction from a collaborator ahead of the screening, or Q&As with guests after the screening. This makes some screenings last a little longer. Therefore it can be a good idea to make sure you have some extra time between screenings if you are planning on watching more than once during a day, especially if you are watching films in different cinemas in one day.
What language is the film subtitled in?
You can very simply find out what language the film is subtitled on through the films film page. Scroll down to the technical information, and here you'll find the film's language and subtitle language.
These films have Norwegian subtitles:
- 3 FACES
- PERFECT BLUE
- TAXI TEHRAN
All other films have English subtitles.
Årets festivalbar er Vin Vin
Do you need somewhere to relax after a long day of film screenings? This year we are collaborating with the newly opened wine bar Vin Vin, which is this year's festival bar. Here you will find wines from the whole world.
You can find Vin Vin here.
Special offers for festival pass holders
If you are planning on watching several films it could be a good idea to buy a festival pass. You will also get a few good deals along with access to all the films at the festival:
- Coffee deal at Stockfleths: When showing your festival pass you will get a discount at all Stockfleths' cafes
Small coffee: 20,-
Large coffee: 30,-
- Free entrance to Nobel's Peace Center: Everyone with a festival pass will get free access to Nobel's Peace Center during the festival period.